I am next working on using local database file lookups for Postfix
configuration use.

I see how in the document

http://www.postfix.org/DATABASE_README.html

to use MySQL and LDAP for some things.  With some examples and tests I am
sucessful.

I see too the example for hash: or btree: or lmdb:.

So I can make a definition

vi /etc/postfix/test_parameters
    test_address    1.2.3.4
postmap test_parameters

And then query for the definition at the shell make the right result

postmap -q "test_address" lmdb:/etc/postfix/test_parameters
    1.2.3.4

So I want to now do it the same in the Postfix configuration

vi http://main.cf

-    test_address = 1.2.3.4
+    test_address = postmap -q lmdb:/etc/postfix/test_parameters
    inet_interfaces = ${test_address}

I tried also

+    test_address = `postmap -q lmdb:/etc/postfix/test_parameters`
+    test_address = lmdb:/etc/postfix/test_parameters

But it does not work.  I do not see any error with the test.  Only that

postfix: fatal: config variable inet_interfaces: host not found: `postmap

I do not see a good example of this use in the document

http://www.postfix.org/lmdb_table.5.html

How is it done right?  Or better question.  Which is a document to do it
right?

Also I see in the documents many examples for retrieving the parameters for
Postfix configuration from a database for use in

http://main.cf

But is it too possible in

http://master.cf

?  So for example

    addrver   unix  -       -       n       -       -       smtp
-      -o smtp_bind_address=1.2.3.4
+      -o smtp_bind_address=postmap -q lmdb:/etc/postfix/test_parameters

?

*S*