Andrew Bourgeois:
> > As documented, "postqueue -i" pushes one message to the incoming
> > queue, while "postqueue -f" triggers delivery of all deferred mail.
>
> It's not clearly stated in the man pages of postqueue and flush. But since

-i queue_id
      Schedule  immediate delivery of deferred mail with the specified
      queue ID.

-f     Flush the queue: attempt to deliver all queued mail.

When buying toilet paper, buying one roll is more expensive than
buying in bulk. Postfix is no different.  With bulk mode queue
operations, some optimizations are possible that don't exist for
individual messages.

Postfix is I/O bound. Only sites with too many header/body_checks
patterns load the CPU. If the bottleneck is disk, try using a
hybrid system  (rust and solid-state).