Am 03.02.2015 um 13:17 schrieb Danny:
I have postfix setup on a Debian system that manages all my mail. However,
whenever php is sending mail it sends it under user "www-data". I tried changing
the headers in php but it remains the same.

Is there someway I can change this to a more friendly name via postfix?

It is not a train smash, just curious

the header is you smallest problem

the envelope is because if the destination server does sender-verification you www-data@soime-radnom-host likely don't exist

just don't use the mail() function in PHP
https://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/p/phpmailer/downloads/list

i never understood why people using that function since we disabled it more than 12 years ago on any server completly

http://www.postfix.org/canonical.5.html

cat /etc/postfix/canonical
# CANONICAL(5)
#
# NAME
#        canonical - Postfix canonical table format
#
# SYNOPSIS
#        postmap /etc/postfix/canonical
#
#        postmap -q "string" /etc/postfix/canonical
#
#        postmap -q - /etc/postfix/canonical <inputfile

apache@localhost postmaster@localhost