--On Wednesday, February 25, 2015 9:17 PM +0000 Viktor Dukhovni <postfix-us...@dukhovni.org> wrote:

--- Editorial ---
Firstly, I've always strongly discouraged "sender_canonical_maps".
Use canonical_maps instead.  In the headers of an email message
the canonical form of an address must not depend on which header
it is found in.  What is initially a sender address, easily becomes
a recipient address when someone uses reply-all.

While there may be correct use-cases for "sender_canonical_maps"
it is my best guess that almost all uses of this feature in the
field are flawed.
--- Editorial ---

It would not surprise me at all if this were set up incorrectly to start with back in postfix 2.0, and has simply been pushed forward ever since. I'll file a bug to re-examine the use of sender canonical maps here.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Platform Architect