On 3/15/2015 9:04 PM, John Allen wrote:
> Retirement - Mine.
>
> I have finally persuaded my family that it would be a good idea to
> give up on the family server.
>
> I have two, probably minor, problems
>
>  1. informing senders of recipients address change.
>  2. redirect to recipients new address.
>  3. how to transfer existing imap folders to new service - probably
>     gmail.
>
> Not all existing user want to to continue receiving email.
>
> 1. can probably be achieved with a relocation map, but I am not sure
> how to combine it wit 2 and possibly 3.

If you're already considering gmail, also consider moving your
domain to google apps.  Pricing is reasonable (free in some cases)
and you avoid the whole issue of changing addresses.

As already suggested, imapsync is a reasonable way to move mail to
whatever new system.  If it's only a few users, you can also use a
GUI mail client (eg. Thunderbird) and just drag stuff between
folders on the different systems.

  -- Noel Jones