On 3/30/2015 5:04 AM, Juha Pesonen wrote:
> Postfix tries to send emails via some IP that I haven't recognised
> instead of the MX that it should use -> message bounces. But it the
> second time it sends to another address of the same domain, it finds
> the MX normally and delivers the messages.

Does this happen with just a single domain, or do you have this
problem with multiple domains?

> Is there some temporary
> DNS problems or why does this happen? And what is that mystery IP
> 5.153.21.206, if the domain's A record is 108.174.149.227? This
> happens randomly and affects to multiple domains.
>
> Here's a host -command output of the domain:
>
> $ host customerdomain.fi <http://customerdomain.fi>

Lack of evidence makes it impossible to debug further.

wild guesses:
- the target domain has a badly configured DNS server (single bad
domain)
- something upstream (ISP? security device? router?) is messing with
your DNS responses (multiple bad domains)
- your resolver is broken (multiple bad domains)

  -- Noel Jones