i am working on postfix and very new to it. just trying to learn but need
to clear my confusion.
i had read alot about all 3 ports and they are confusing me a bit now.
please help me to understand conceptually how things are working
differently on different ports.

my mail server is listening on port 25 and 465 (TLS) now when i set my
outlook client to communicate TLS on port 465. it says "client can not
communicate with the mail server" however when i set it to port 25 with TLS
it works. and i can send email as usual.

now the confusion part is my concept. does port 25 and 465 work together
like FTP. port 21 and 20. like 1 port is for negotiate and another port is
for data?

Please help me to understand.

Thanks,
MYK