Dear Colleagues,

I`m trying to understand how E-mail encoding is working, maybe somebody
will be able to explain me how its working with Postfix and some E-mail
client like Thunderbird for example.

When I`m sending an E-mail from server command line (telnet localhost 25)
my E-mail has following header. If I good understand "charset=us-ascii"
come from the system local settings.
On the server I have installed us_US settings. Is that right ?

My local setting for an encoding is: LANG=en_US.utf8