I have the following configuration for passing email to OpenDKIM for processing:

[127.0.0.1]:10030 inet n - n - - smtpd
   -o local_recipient_maps=
   -o virtual_mailbox_maps=
   -o virtual_alias_maps=
   -o relay_recipient_maps=
   -o smtpd_restriction_classes=
   -o smtpd_delay_reject=no
   -o smtpd_milters=inet:localhost:8465
   -o smtpd_client_restrictions=permit_mynetworks,reject
   -o smtpd_sender_restrictions=
   -o smtpd_helo_restrictions=
   -o smtpd_reject_unlisted_sender=no
   -o smtpd_relay_restrictions=
   -o smtpd_data_restrictions=
   -o smtpd_end_of_data_restrictions=
   -o syslog_name=postfix/dkimmilter
   -o content_filter=smtp-amavis:[127.0.0.1]:10032

Since this was implemented, we've had an issue where when emails with a large number of recipients are processed, the result is that the recipients get duplicates of the email. We found one workaround to this was to default_destination_recipient_limit to large value.

Recently, one of our clients found that setting:

-o receive_override_options=no_header_body_checks,no_unknown_recipient_checks,no_address_mappings

Also resolved the problem. I've been reading over the docs, and it seems that this is a bit aggressive. However, it does seem that at least some set of these options should be set. I believe it is only necessary to set "no_address_mappings". Does that seem correct?

Thanks,
Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount