Hi,

I have a question regarding Domain MX record and physical SMTP Loadbalancer.

In my infrastructure we have several Postfix machines with local mailboxes.
Each system sending messages to relay servers using internal relay domains
with MX records. My team colleague told me that we will not use anymore
local relay domains with MX records but Virtual host (with preconfigured
relay systems behind) and F5 loadbalancer to transfer message from Postfix
servers to the relay hosts.

I would like to know Your opinion about it ? I know that MX record has been
designed to avoid problems like E-mail loop etc.etc. Till now its working
perfect for me.

Does loadbalancer will not affect smtp communication ?
 Does it really working the same like DNS MX records ?
Does Postfix will be able to work properly with Virtual Host and
loadbalancer ?

Thanks in advance for any opinion.

With kind regards

Zalezny