Hi,

I wanted to get people's suggestions/opinions about mixing primary and
backup MX's.

In my old mail config with qmail it seemed easier to configure.  Basically I
have one mail server with a bunch of domains on it, which acts as the
primary mx (incoming and outgoing etc etc), then I have another box offsite
that is just a backup mx for incoming mail, with a very basic config.

smtpd_banner = backup.xxxxx.net ESMTP

maximal_queue_lifetime = 30d

relay_recipient_maps =

relay_domains = hash:/etc/postfix/relaydomains

transport_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/transportmaps

smtpd_recipient_restrictions =

permit_mynetworks,

reject_unauth_destination

What I want to do or rather I have a need to do is have one domain on the
backup MX as a primary mx.  Does anyone have any sample config's mixing the
two ? or is it even possible ? is it just as simple as using a regular
primary config and including

relay_domains = hash:/etc/postfix/relaydomains

maximal_queue_lifetime = 30d

for the backup mx's ?

I look forward to any comments/suggestions.

Tks,

Dave