--On Thursday, December 10, 2015 2:27 PM -0500 Wietse Venema <wie...@porcupine.org> wrote:

Really, it is as simple as a user-land program that calls open()
and gets access denied by the kernel. If that is not 100% reproducible
then you have a flaky kernel, a flaky file system, or some "security"
system with a flaky implementation.

Hm, fairly certainly we only see this on Ubuntu OSes, which I know does handle userland differently than RHEL based OSes. Our production servers are all based off of RHEL, and never have experienced this problem, even though they should trigger it every few weeks.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Platform Architect