Am 31.01.2016 um 18:04 schrieb Ron Garret:

> On Jan 31, 2016, at 1:28 AM, Robert Schetterer <r...@sys4.de> wrote:
>
>> Am 31.01.2016 um 09:56 schrieb Ron Garret:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> What is the usual way to start a milter process?  Can postfix be configured
>>> to spawn it automatically, or does the milter have to be set up as a
>>> separate service?  If the former, how do you do it?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> rg
>>>

>> milters are usually seperate services
>
> OK, but is there any way to get Postfix to restart a milter if it goes down?
> By default, if a milter goes down, it takes postfix down with it.

in real milters have a tendence to stop sometimes, so some of them have
an auto restart feature, for safety use monit to monitor them
in postfix you can config what to do if milter isnt working anymore

http://postfix.cs.utah.edu/postconf.5.html#milter_default_action

> Also, why did you hedge with “usually”?  What other possibilities are there?

to my knowledge none...but that may not ultimate

> rg

Best Regards
MfG Robert Schetterer

--