On 2/20/2016 12:17 PM, Viktor Dukhovni wrote:
On Sat, Feb 20, 2016 at 11:40:09AM -0500, Curtis Maurand wrote:

i just sent myself a test message from the client's system.  Here is what I
got.  I immediately ran the lookups using dig.  postfix can't seem to
resolve things properly.  Running Ubuntu Server 14.04 LTS with ispconfig
installed.  I'm using powerdns with powerdns recursor.  resolv.conf points
to the localhost's external ip address.  This is sort of annoying.  I really
don't want to open up the server's to misconfigured system as that increases
the amount of spam dramatically.
Do keep in mind that on Ubuntu systems Postfix tends to have many
services in master.cf chooted by default, the chroot jail may have
a different /etc/resolv.conf, and may have different copies of
various dynamically loaded nss modules.

Do disable chroot for "smtpd" if enabled, and do test your
getaddrinfo() implementation.

Nothing is chrooted. resolv.conf is world readable. Wietse's program returns a valid address. It might not match the reverse, but it did return an address.
# ./getaddr delivery.mailspamprotection.com
Hostname:       delivery.mailspamprotection.com
Addresses:      108.163.228.171

That said. Since the unit has been updated, but not rebooted, I may need to reboot to get the kernel fix. Ubuntu does, at least, backport fixes.

--
Curtis Maurand
cur...@maurand.com <mailto:cur...@maurand.com>