On Mon, June 6, 2016 10:10 pm, Sebastian Nielsen wrote:

Sebastian, thanks

> Second, the problem is that you will only get your backup server
> blacklisted/poorreputated aswell. I would suggest solving the underlying
> problem instead, so accounts is harder to compromise, by implementing a
> few restrictions:

the last two issues I had were caused by single compromised sasl auth
senders;
all users are remote to server, and, since last couple years were offered
smtp auth (instead of using local isp smtp)

> Theres multiple ways to solve the problem.
> 1: If your users belong to a specific office, I would suggest restricting
> sending email from that office. If some users must have remote access,
> give such access via a VPN instead. A spammer won't connect to a dialin
> VPN using compromised credentials and try to find a mailserver there and
> find compromised credentials to that too, its too much trouble for too
> little gain.

> 2: If you run a webhosting company or something similiar,
> restrict logins to the mail server via geoIP to the same country as the
> account in question was bought and registred from. The country (for
> example Sweden) they buy and register the account from, will be saved
> into a db. When a mail is sent through submission server, check that the
> country they are connecting from, match whatever is stored for their
> account inside database. This will avoid account compromise as the
> accounts can only be used in their "home countries".

some users travel, so can be different country

> 3: Needless to say,
> its a good idea to restrict so the accounts can only send from their own
> email and the domain they either own or the domain your server is
> authorative for.

how to implement such ? there is around 20 domains on the server