Wietse Venema wrote:
Robert Fitzpatrick:
I have been using canonical_maps for some time to map local addresses,
but that doesn't seem to work for incoming mail. The message is coming
from another Postfix server with the sender specified with the hostname
of the machine....

See http://www.postfix.org/postconf.html#local_header_rewrite_clients
for how to turn on header rewriting for email from outside.

        Wietse

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding how it all works, very possible. I believe I follow how this works, but not sure how I can accomplish the rewrite I need of a remote sub-domain into the tld domain. It seems local_header_rewrite_clients only acts based on client IP? Even with the following in Postfix 2.11.x, I'm not able to get my canonical maps applied to messages from outside inet_interfaces or mynetworks...

local_header_rewrite_clients = static:all

I'm looking for a way to rewrite by name from any client. My canonical maps work great for mynetworks, would like to apply the same type rewrite to any message...

postmap -q u...@host.otherdomain.com ldap:/usr/local/etc/postfix/ldap/canonical.cf
@otherdomain.com

--
Robert