Am 09.07.2016 um 17:07 schrieb Lefteris Tsintjelis:
> Is this a good postfix way to stall attackers (besides log parsing and
> fire walling)? Bots are increasing dramatically these days
>
> smtpd_soft_error_limit = 1
> smtpd_hard_error_limit = 1
> smtpd_error_sleep_time = 16s (or even more)

as i had that over years ...

firewalling ist the best solution
something like

https://sys4.de/de/blog/2012/12/28/botnets-mit-rsyslog-und-iptables-recent-modul-abwehren/

https://sys4.de/de/blog/2014/03/27/fighting-smtp-auth-brute-force-attacks/

https://sys4.de/de/blog/2015/11/07/abwehr-des-botnets-pushdo-cutwail-ehlo-ylmf-pc-mit-iptables-string-recent-smtp/

additional fail2ban, but log parse was to slow at my side
and for sure use postscreen

if they love you , dont expect any better time with whatever solution
you use, but if youre in luck its only a wave

Best Regards
MfG Robert Schetterer

--
[*] sys4 AG

http://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64
Schleißheimer Straße 26/MG, 80333 München