Hello,

My mail server is running postfix 2.11.3-1 on Debian 8.5.

In order for my home server to be able to send mail to my mail server to my
domain, I have installed postfix on it (same version of postfix as my
server and same OS as the server as well) and configured it as a smarthost.

So given my mail server is responsible for mydomain.com, I have done the
following to my home server:

/etc/mailname : mydomain.com
/etc/postfix/main.cf : relayhost = box.mydomain.com # MX record for
mydomain.com

Now, on the mail server, every "*_restrictions" option, allows "mynetworks"
("permit_mynetworks" appears first in the list). The "mynetworks" option
includes the IP of my home server which makes the entire thing work.
However, I cannot guarantee that this IP won't change. I use HE's free DDNS
service for this reason and I have a DNS A record which points to my home
firewall.

The question is, can I use this A record in the "mynetworks" option of my
mail server, or it only takes IP/IP ranges? If not, is there a way to
achieve what I want? I had a look on the documentation first and I have a
feeling the answer is no, but I am not 100% sure and i thought I'd ask here.

Many thanks for any help,
Vasilis