>> Can anyone give any help as to what is likely to work?

>https://sourceforge.net/p/postfixadmin/bugs/297/

>backends must understand utf-8 to make smtputf8 work imho

>and yes it being a problem for so long, that i just hack it to
>postfixadmin adding the idn dns name to mysql, and it works, personly i
>dont need smtputf8 here
 You were able to add a UTF8 domain name (say in Greek or Hindi) to mysql?
Does it show as PUNYCODE?
We also need the "local part" or username to be UTF8.  That is why we are using
Postfix 3.0

>does dns servers support it as well as idn ?

Well, we are about to find out when we start doing deployment testing!   Does
anyone have experience in deployment that they would care to talk about?

Thanks,Nalini