Dear Colleagues,

in our infrastructure we are using Postfix as a relay server which is
responsible for transfering messages from our MS Exchange and Production
systems. Our infrastructure include several Postfix relays:

M$Exchange(lan) ---> Postfix1(middleware lan) ---> Postfix2(application
lan) ---> Postfix3(web lan) ---> Internet

I would like to ask You, what will happend if Postfix2 will be offline ?
How Postfix1 will behave ?

a) will it bounce all messages from M$ Exchange users with answer that host
is not able to deliver messages ?

b) or maybe it will store all messages in the deffared queue for the
certain amount of time and will try to resent them every 300s ?

In case of any outage of Postfix2 or 3 I would like to store all E-mails in
the deffered queue till moment when Postfix2/3 will be again available ? M$
Exchange sending every minute ~10 000 E-mails.

How to configure it properly then ?

Using this parameter ?

*bounce_queue_lifetime*

*If outage will take longer, we need to store thousands of E-mails in the
deffered queue, is there any limit for number of messages stored in the
deffered queue ?*

*Thanks in advance for any hints*

*Cheers*

*Zalezny*