On Mon, Sep 05, 2016 at 01:42:59PM -0600, @lbutlr wrote:
> I have a user that uses address extensions quite a lot. one
> extension she uses has become nothing but spam since her
> (cancelled) credit card shared the address with advertisers.
>
> She would like to have mail to user+vis...@domain.tld
> rejected while not affecting an mail to u...@domain.tld or
> user+anyth...@domain.tld.
>
> My initial idea was in sender_access.pcre add a line:

It does not have to be pcre; in fact, hash: might be preferable.
However your filename suggests perhaps you are using
check_sender_access, whereas according to the description
check_recipent_access is what you need.

> /^user\+visa89@domain\.tld$/ 550 No Such User
>
> but when I tried that and sent a test message (to a test
> account) the message came right through.

Insufficient information for an exact answer, but the guess given
sounds quite likely to explain the situation.
--
  http://rob0.nodns4.us/