On 09/25/2016 06:36 PM, Wietse Venema wrote:
> Wietse Venema:
>> For Postfix 3.2 I'll update code and documentation, such that the
>> default option_group value becomes "client". This causes the "client"
>> option group to be read twice instead of never (reading it once
>> is not an option). To get backwards compatibility, specify an empty
>> option_group value.
>>
>> For the stable releases I'll update their documentation with a
>> suggestion to specify "option_group = client".  An incompatible
>> code change would be forbidden.
> I'd appreciate it if you could do some tests with the postmap command
> in postfix-3.2-20160925, which I just rolled out to ftp/www.porcupine.org.
>
>       Wietse

I've downloaded the postfix-3.2-20160925 release and done the following
tests with postmap and get the desired results.

1. that the client group is read by default

2. that the client group is not read if option_group is set to blank

3. that both the client group and the specific group are read if option
group is set to a non blank value

With this version I have no problems receiving or sending email on the
server in general. My [client] group is normally empty (when not doing
the above tests).

John