I don't have experience with FreeBSD provided Postfix, but in general, you should be able to copy your config file to newer versions of postfix with little or no changes. An alternative would be to run postconf -n on server A to find your customizations and only copy these items to server B.

Use tools like smtptest (part of Cyrus), telnet, and the email clients popular with your user base to send email from on and off network to verify functionality of incoming email, outgoing email, and authentication on Server B.

--Blake