I have an email account that belonged to someone who died recently. Rather than
simply shutdown the account and bounce all future emails, the family would like
some sort of automated messages for at least a few months saying something like
“<Name> died in November, 2016. Please redirect emails to <another address>”.

I think this is a bad idea and they should just keep checking the current
address of another month or six, but I did say I’d ask.

So, how would I do this with only sending a single ‘bounce’ to any email
address?

I have gone through an unsubscribed from all the legitimate mailing lists like
amazon and such.

Thankfully, there is not a lot of spam on this account.

I feel I’m missing something obvious.

--
Apple broke AppleScripting signatures in Mail.app, so no random signatures.