> On Feb 13, 2017, at 7:21 AM, Marcio Merlone <marcio.merl...@a1.ind.br> wrote:
>
> I guess postfix is the most deployed smtp server on the globe, isn't it?

There are likely more Exim servers than Postfix servers.  Exim is the default
MTA for Debian and Ubuntu Linux.  Many users don't look past the default.
Other users prioritize built-in content inspection features over stability,
and security and consciously choose Exim.

However, it is my impression that Postfix is more often the choice at larger
installations and may handle a greater volume of email.

http://www.securityspace.com/s_survey/data/man.201701/mxsurvey.html

Server Type     Number of Servers       Percent
-----------     -----------------       -------
Exim            561,833                 55.78%
Postfix         333,400                 33.10%
Sendmail        52,456                  5.21%
MailEnable      23,648                  2.35%
MDaemon         13,440                  1.33%
Microsoft       11,881                  1.18%

The numbers may be somewhat skewed by incomplete data:

Server provided banner                          1,654,893       82.33%
Server banner identifies software in use        1,007,317       50.11%

The MTA behind some ~40% of live servers was not identified in this
survey.  It would be possible to further fingerprint by the EHLO reply,

Regardless of whether Exim or Postfix handles more email, clearly
both are quite successful, and between them leave the rest of the
MTAs far behind...

--
        Viktor.