* Linda Pagillo <lpad...@gmail.com>:
> I have only one smtpd_milter and no non_smtpd_milters. The one milter I'm
> using is called SNFMilter. It's an anti-spam milter that I use from Arm
> Research. I have a configuration file called SNFMilter.xml and in the
> main.cf I have the following line: smtpd_milters = unix:/path/to/socket

I suggest you remove the smtpd_milters setting from main.cf, because if you
put it there it will affect any Postfix smtpd daemon in your Postfix instance.

But don't throw it away. Instead move it to master.cf (see my example below)
and associate it only with Postfix smtpd daemons that serve ports where you
want SNFMilter to become active.

My example enables SNFMilter for 25 and disables any other MILTER for 587 and
465:

# ==========================================================================
# service type  private unpriv  chroot  wakeup  maxproc command + args
#               (yes)   (yes)   (no)    (never) (100)
# ==========================================================================
# Port 25
smtp      inet  n       -       n       -       -       smtpd
    -o smtpd_milters=unix:/path/to/socket

# Port 587
submission inet n       -       n       -       -       smtpd
    -o smtpd_milters=

# Port 465
smtps     inet  n       -       n       -       -       smtpd
    -o smtpd_milters=

If you don't have much experience with Postfix yet, pay special attention to
notation in master.cf. Versions before 3.0 require *no space* between a
parameter and the associated values, e.g. parameter=value. My example above
follows this advice.

p@rick

--
[*] sys4 AG

https://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64
Schleißheimer Straße 26/MG,80333 München