> wrote:
>
> Hello all
>
> We would like to monitor Postfix mail queues using SMNP so we can receive
> alerts whenever the mail queue reaches a certain threshold. What OID and MIB
> would we have to use to be able to monitor Postfix mail queues?

I don't recall a specific MIB that covers mail queues, however
I recommend against monitoring the queue's message count, too
many false alarms from spikes in traffic.  What is more useful
to monitor is average time from queue entry to queue exit, and
also average age in the active queue.

See QSHAPE_README and also monitor the "c+d" delay sum from
the "delays=a/b/c/d" log entries (de-duping for multi-recipient
deliveries of a single message).  At prior employer, we computed
a slowly exponentially decaying moving average of the "c+d" times
as indicators of current congestion, and queue age as indicators
of "stuck" messages.

Just counting messages is not terribly useful IMHO.

--
        Viktor.