On 03/29/2017 10:03 AM, Wietse Venema wrote:
Doug Barton:
On 03/29/2017 04:01 AM, Wietse Venema wrote:
Doug Barton:
Unlike .forward or files which exist for selected users, injecting
envelope data (e.g. user=${user}) into the pipe(8) execution context
could allow remote senders to execute code as any user on the system

Yes, that's what I want to do. :)  Still easily done with a wrapper script.

Use the local(8) delivery agent for delivery as the recipient.

The specific thing I was working on was getting postfix to run
spamassassin as the user, in order to take advantage of the user's bayes
db. I want postfix to deliver the mail with lmtp.

Did you search the web for 'per-user spamassassin'?

Yes. There were numerous more complex solutions, using the macro seemed simpler. :)

Like I said, in my OP, I solved that problem without the use of user=${user}, I was just curious as to the rationale.

Doug