On 04/07/2017 04:39 PM, Wietse Venema wrote:
Robert Moskowitz:
I seem to have things running, now I am cleaning up my test setup before
building the new production server.

I perhaps got a little too fancy on modifying master.cf.  After I worked
out other packages like dovecot and roundcubemail, I started rethinking
how I alter master.cf for my needs.  It comes down to a couple questions:

I am working on the basis that this file is processed sequentially. Thus
if the file has:

submission inet n       -       n       -       -       smtpd

submission inet n       -       n       -       -       smtpd
          -o smtpd_recipient_restrictions=
It remembers only the last line. I suppose that this is documented
somewhere, but since this is almost 20 years old, memory is a little
hazy.

And I DID actually tried to research this first before asking! But then my search foo is nothing to brag about...

Thanks for answering.

Wow, 20 years.  When did you 'ship' the first release of Postfix?

'95 was when I started running my own mail service. It was on a dialup PPP link (rust.net) on an NT server. No recollection what the software was.