Wietse> DecebalICT:
>> I went from an openSUSE system to a Debian 9 system.

How did you do this upgrade?  A clean install of Debian onto new
partitions?

I suggest that you instead purge postfix on the debian system and then
re-install, getting the default debian configuration installed.  Then
make the *basic* changes to get your old system working.  Not by
copying over the old config, but by instead just adding in the missing
parts to the NEW config.

I wonder if the openSUSE was in a chroot, and the Debian isn't?

>> I tried to copy and adapt my old config for the new system.
>>
>> When running:
>> postfix check
>> I get:
>> postsuper: fatal: scan_dir_push: open directory defer: Permission denied
>>
>> What could be the problem?

Wietse> 1) You have a messed-up file system. Bring the system into single
Wietse> user mode, unmount the file systems, run fsck.foo (foo depends on
Wietse> file system type).

Wietse> 2) You have messed-up SeLinux permissions or labels. For a quick
Wietse> check, turn off SeLinux and see if Postfix works better. Then fix
Wietse> SeLinux or leave it off.

Wietse> 3) You have messed up AppArmor permissions, or some other 'security'
Wietse> software. Same procedure.

Wietse>         Wietse