@Patrick: You understood me correctly there

> You are doing N/2 table lookups to find the table that contains the
> data. That is, you're doing linear search on top of hashing.
>
>       Wietse
@Wietse: N/2 is a little pessimistic, but thats only because I know the
makeup of my mailboxes… 90% of it is in one virtual domain and that
would of course be the first file I take a look at. The other files
would be sorted descending by relevance.
Anyway, I am going for a single big file now. I assume its not a problem
that this map is 40MB big?

Julian

| | Julian Kippels
| | M.Sc. Informatik
| |
| | Zentrum für Informations- und Medientechnologie
| | Heinrich-Heine-Universität Düsseldorf
| | Universitätsstr. 1
| | Raum 25.41.O1.36
| | 40225 Düsseldorf / Germany