I thought I had everything working, but something broke. What I need to do is
to accept mail for local delivery for several users on a couple domains
(sermon-archive.info and one other) and relay mail for a number of users on
domain (lafn.org) to a variety of different locations.  Each user could be on a
different server.  My tests seemed to work, but when adding in the full tables,
it broke.  Here are the various config files etc:

mail# postconf -n
command_directory = /usr/local/sbin
compatibility_level = 2
daemon_directory = /usr/local/libexec/postfix
data_directory = /var/db/postfix
debug_peer_level = 2
debugger_command = PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin ddd
$daemon_directory/$process_name $process_id & sleep 5
dovecot_destination_recipient_limit = 1
enable_long_queue_ids = yes
home_mailbox = Maildir/
html_directory = /usr/local/share/doc/postfix
inet_protocols = ipv4
local_recipient_maps = unix:passwd.byname $alias_maps
mail_owner = postfix
mail_spool_directory = /var/spool/mail
mailbox_size_limit = 0
mailq_path = /usr/local/bin/mailq
manpage_directory = /usr/local/man
max_use = 5
message_size_limit = 1024000000
mydestination = localhost.$mydomain, localhost
mydomain = sermon-archive.info
mynetworks_style = host
newaliases_path = /usr/local/bin/newaliases
postscreen_access_list = permit_mynetworks,
cidr:/usr/local/etc/postfix/access.cidr
postscreen_greet_action = enforce
queue_directory = /var/spool/postfix
readme_directory = /usr/local/share/doc/postfix
sample_directory = /usr/local/etc/postfix
sendmail_path = /usr/local/sbin/sendmail
setgid_group = maildrop
smtp_destination_recipient_limit = 25
smtpd_authorized_xclient_hosts = 10.0.1.0/24
smtpd_command_filter = pcre:/usr/local/etc/postfix/quote
smtpd_error_sleep_time = 10
smtpd_hard_error_limit = 10
smtpd_milters = unix:/var/run/clamav/clmilter.sock
smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
smtpd_sasl_path = private/auth
smtpd_sasl_type = dovecot
smtpd_soft_error_limit = 1
smtpd_tls_cert_file = /etc/ssl/certs/mail.pem
smtpd_tls_key_file = /etc/ssl/private/mail.key
smtpd_tls_loglevel = 1
smtpd_tls_security_level = may
unknown_local_recipient_reject_code = 550
virtual_alias_domains = hash:/usr/local/etc/postfix/vmail_domains
virtual_alias_maps = hash:/usr/local/etc/postfix/vmail_alias
virtual_gid_maps = static:2222
virtual_mailbox_base = /var/mail/
virtual_mailbox_domains = hash:/usr/local/etc/postfix/local_domains
virtual_mailbox_limit = 1024000000
virtual_mailbox_maps = hash:/usr/local/etc/postfix/vmail_mailbox
virtual_minimum_uid = 2222
virtual_transport = dovecot
virtual_uid_maps = static:2222

mail# more local_domains
sermon-archive.info             OK
mail.sermon-archive.info        OK
second.domain                   OK

mail# more vmail_alias
postmaster                      doug
bc979                           doug
bc979-1                         edward
bc979-4                         jeanne
user1                           mailb...@gmail.com
user2                           mailb...@aol.com
refund                          mailb...@hotmail.com

Plus a bunch more.  Other than postmaster, I thought that the left names should
have @lafn.org, but that didn't seem to work either.

mail# more vmail_domains
lafn.org        OK

mail# more vmail_mailbox
d...@sermon-archive.info        home_mail/doug/
d...@mail.sermon-archive.info   home_mail/doug/

I also wanted to be able to have different users with the same name of
different addresses such as d...@sermon-archive.info and doug@second.domain and
have them go to different places.  Both seem to get local delivery to doug.

I am sure I have something configured wrong.

When I try to send from a non-local system I get the following:

brain% telnet sermon-archive.info 25
Trying 71.177.216.148...
Connected to sermon-archive.info.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 mail.sermon-archive.info ESMTP Postfix
helo me
250 mail.sermon-archive.info
mail from:wa6...@arrl.net
250 2.1.0 Ok