On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 02:02:09PM +0100, Dominic Raferd wrote:
> On 13 July 2017 at 13:56, Daniel Caulfield
> <daniel.caulfi...@giacom.com> wrote:
>
> > How would we go about getting you a copy of the 'postfix/smtpd'
> > logs? where would they be or how do we switch that on?
>
> They will be in the same place, you can extract them thus:
>
> grep "/smtpd" /var/log/maillog​

This was not good advice, because there are likely relevant bits
being logged by other Postfix daemon processes.  Also, it likely
results in a large amount of irrelevant results.

I wrote a quick little document about how to condense relevant logs
from the sometimes overwhelming amount of information in Postfix
logs.  It's posted here, and comments and suggestions are solicited
and appreciated:

http://rob0.nodns4.us/postfix-logging

(Just a plain-text file for now, no HTML yet.)

I think Noel said he was going to start on something like this, and
perhaps he has but I missed it.  Noel, if this is useful to you in
that effort please feel free to adapt and/or incorporate it.
--
  http://rob0.nodns4.us/