Hello,

Since Postfix is now (since v2.11) providing more extensive sasl access restrictions, we are considering using the following model to protect particular addresses so that only specific users can send mail to them:

   /etc/postfix/main.cf:
      allowed_list1= check_sasl_access
   hash:/etc/postfix/allowed_users,reject

      smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
        check_recipient_access hash:/etc/postfix/protected_destinations
        permit_sasl_authenticated
        reject_unverified_recipient
        reject_unauth_destination

   /etc/postfix/protected_destinations:
      privli...@example.com    allowed_list1
      privli...@example.com    allowed_list1
      privli...@example.com    allowed_list1

   /etc/postfix/allowed_users:
      john.doe    OK
      jackpot     OK
      thechief    OK

All users will be required to be SASL-authenticated, and, consequently, the above approach (restricting via check_sasl_access) would be much better/versatile than the one we are currently using (restricting via check_client_access and associated lists of allowed IP Addresses), because it would focus on individual users, wherever they may be, and not on their (network) location.

Can you please confirm that this is a valid configuration?

Any other suggestions, pitfalls and/or comments?

Thanks in advance,
Nick