On 2017.08.28. 17:36, Viktor Dukhovni wrote:
>>> but only when the destination domain is not a "relay" domain or
>>> similar, that is, only if mail for the destination in questin just
>>> goes whereever the MX records point with no transport overrides
>>> beyond (sender_dependent_default_transport_maps) which selects a
>>> sender dependent *default* transport.
>>
>> I'm using permit_auth_destination and it does not play without
>> relay_domains.
>
> If the destination domain is yours and the senders are remote
> untrusted clients, then indeed "default_transport" won't do
> unless you're a backup MX host (in that case it is possible
> to allow relaying for the domain via "check_recipient_access",
> and the default transport will find the right primary MX host).

I have domain + list of emails in the domain.
with relay_domains recipient's check stops just after foreign domain
name found as destination.
with check_recipient_access full email list scanned to reject foreign
domain.
Is this correct ?

>> well, looks like I found few solutions:
>>
>> 1. change transport using FILTER via check_sender_access in
>> smtpd_sender_restrictions - fine until there is no other filter action
>
> This would be wrong for multi-recipient email when some recipients
> are local, or in any case should not be sent to the same destination.

not the case for relay box

>> IMO it may be useful to allow alter transport in
>> sender_dependent_relayhost_maps as well in future releases of postfix
>
> No, that would not be a good idea, since transport selection needs to
> be recipient based.

what is the difference to default_transport
/sender_dependent_default_transport_maps ?

Why relayhost/sender_dependent_relayhost_maps do not work same way - not
include transport as well ?