On 10/20/2017 12:42 PM, cac...@quantum-equities.com wrote:
> Thanks Noel and Rob, I may be on the right track now.  Good to know
> I can trust the docs to be current.
>
> So my three domains with 6 users are completely independent of one
> another;  no aliasing.  Thus I used
> *Non-Postfix mailbox store: separate domains, non-UNIX accounts*
>
> In main.cf I set mydomain to the main domain, example1.com.

That's fine.  "mydomain" is the internet domain of your host and not
necessarily a mail destination.

> Should
> that instead be mail.example1.com?

You can use that as myhostname, which is the internet name of your
computer.

mydestination should  be set empty or set to localhost.

mydestination = localhost

> If so, where else should I set
> mail.example1.com?  In my registrar, or in the mail system,
> example1.com, or nothing?
>
> And I set virtual_mailbox_domains = example2.com example3.com

You should also list example1.com in virtual_mailbox_domains.