Hi,

I had a question regarding the main.cf parameter
“default_destination_concurrency_limit”.  The man page (man 5 postconf), states
it is: “The default maximal number of parallel deliveries to the same
destination.” and that this applies to the smtp(8) delivery agent.

This got me wondering . . . how would one adjust this parameter ?  I am
thinking it is only through benchmarking trial and error, as a number of
factors would seem to affect this (server load, bandwidth, etc.).  But then I
was thinking if it was through trial and error, how was the value of “20”
determined when most people running Postfix will have varying equipment for
their server ? [1]

Thanks,

- J

[1] I ask this as there a couple of other parameters in the main.cf config file
that seem to fall into this category and I am wondering if there is a more
efficient method of determining the values for my server or whether the
solution is also through trial and error.