On Thu, Nov 16, 2017 at 10:20:09PM +0100, richard lucassen wrote:
> When e.g. I have an access file with:
>
> domain.tld   reject
> baduser@     reject
>
> Postfix will reject "u...@domain.tld" and
> "baduser@anydomain.anytld".
>
> When I want to test these db's using "postmap -q", postmap only
> tests the "real" entries in the database. Is there a *simple CLI*
> way to test the db like Postfix does? I mean a simpler tool than
> "swaks" that I use now to test the db's.

You did not mention how your access file was being used.  Apparently
it's being used for email address lookups, so perhaps
check_sender_access or check_recipient_access.  Any supercharged
postmap tool would have to know this also.  That's probably why
postmap -q is so literal, because that way it does not have to know
configuration details.

Note also that parent_domain_matches_subdomains settings affect this
as well.  It would not be trivial to build a diagnostic tool which
handles check_mumble_access lookups exactly as Postfix does.

No, I am not aware of such a tool.
--
  http://rob0.nodns4.us/