On Dec 12, 2017, at 11:12 AM, Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk> wrote:

>>> On 2017-12-12 10:55, J Doe wrote:
>>> I was wondering if fellow Postfix users would still recommend using
>>> amavisd-new when integrating AV (ClamAV), and spam filtering (SpamAssasin) ?
>
>> On 12.12.17 16:12, Sven Schwedas wrote:
>> There's nothing wrong with Amavis. The only decent alternative I know of
>> is Rspamd.
>
> maybe mimedefang and sagator.
>
>>> The site I have this in mind for receives a moderate amount of e-mail per
>>> day.
>
>> IMO I'd stick to amavis – while Rspamd /can/ perform better at large
>> scale, the documentation is awful. So stick to what you know.
>
> not that amavisd couldn't have better docs :-)

Hi everyone,

Ok, good to know that amavisd-new is still a reasonable solution!

Thank you for mentioning rspamd.  I had only briefly checked that out (I really
like that Lua is the integrated scripting language - I’ve used Lua on a number
of other projects), but the fact that the documentation is lacking is a show
stopper for me.  I definitely agree with the sentiment that incomplete
documentation is a bug.

Thanks again for your feedback,

- J