On 31 Dec 2017, at 10:24 (-0500), Voytek wrote:

On Mon, January 1, 2018 1:19 am, Alex JOST wrote:
Am 29.12.2017 um 21:15 schrieb Eero Volotinen:

A bit offtopic, but I need cli-tool to remove attachments from specific
 maildir messages, so how to do that?

The Thunderbird add-on 'AttachmentExtractor' should be able to do that, but I don't know if it still works with recent versions of Thunderbird as
it hasn't been updated in a long time.

As Bill already noted such operations should be considered wisely. Wrong manipulation of the message can make it unreadable. Backups are mandatory.

I'm happy to be corrected here, but, I'm fairly certain I have done so in the past, with no ill effect, and, one can always copy the actual file to
a new file, anyhow.

it was i think uudecode ? first for uuencoded emails, and, munpack for
mime encoded, something like 'munpack email_file':

Yes, but that does not *remove* the attachments from the existing message file. It extracts decoded copies of the attachments. The original message file is unmodified.

--
Bill Cole
Currently Seeking Steady Work: https://linkedin.com/in/billcole