Hi,

I have a basic SMTP server set up with what I believe to be good smtpd_*_
restrictions, but I was wondering if anyone could provide any insight on how to
improve them or if I have been redundant in the restrictions.  Even with
reading the man pages, I find some of the restrictions tricky.

I am eventually having a submission service (with an -o
smtpd_relay_restrictions=permit_sasl_authenticated in master.cf), for this
server but right now what follows is just for a SMTP server on port 25.

smtpd_client_restrictions = permit_mynetworks,
        reject_unauth_pipelining,
        check_client_access hash:/etc/postfix/client_acl,
        reject_unknown_client_hostname,
        permit

smtpd_helo_required = yes
smtpd_helo_restrictions = permit_mynetworks,
        reject_unauth_pipelining,
        reject_invalid_helo_hostname,
        reject_non_fqdn_helo_hostname,
        check_helo_access hash:/etc/postfix/helo_acl,
        reject_unknown_helo_hostname,
        permit

smtpd_sender_restrictions = permit_mynetworks,
        reject_unauth_pipelining,
        reject_non_fqdn_sender,
        check_sender_access hash:/etc/postfix/sender_acl,
        reject_unknown_sender_domain,
        permit

        permit_auth_destination,

        reject

smtpd_relay_restrictions = permit_mynetworks,

        permit_auth_destination,

        reject

Thanks,

- J