On Wed, 31 Jan 2018 07:43:17 +0000 (UTC)
Dominic Raferd <domi...@timedicer.co.uk> wrote:

> On 31 January 2018 at 03:44, li...@lazygranch.com
> <li...@lazygranch.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, 30 Jan 2018 10:50:18 +0000
> > Dominic Raferd <domi...@timedicer.co.uk> wrote:

> >> Which version of opendmarc? (opendmarc -V) If you have 1.3.2+ you
> >> can use opendmarc's own spf instead (SPFSelfValidate True) - not
> >> reliable for earlier versions though.
> >>
> >> Anyway, in general:
> >>
> >> /etc/opendmarc.conf:
> >> IgnoreAuthenticatedClients true
> >> IgnoreHosts /etc/postfix/opendmarc-ignorehosts.txt
> >>
> >> /etc/opendkim.conf:
> >> InternalHosts /etc/postfix/opendmarc-ignorehosts.txt
> >>
> >> /etc/postfix/opendmarc-ignorehosts.txt
> >> # emails from localhost are not authenticated but should be signed
> >> by opendkim and not tested by opendmarc
> >> 127.0.0.1
> >> # similarly any ips from which we accept unauthenticated
> >> originating emails (e.g. lan, or none)
> >

> > opendmarc: OpenDMARC Filter v1.3.2
> >         SMFI_VERSION 0x1000001
> >         libmilter version 1.0.1
> >         Active code options:
> >                 WITH_SPF
> >                 WITH_SPF2
> >
> > I suppose it is dumb to check spf if authenticated, but then again
> > dkim is checked.
> >
> > I will work on the bypasses as suggested. I kind of like the
> > python-policyd-spf since...well...it is working. (Something that
> > works is something I don't like to change.)
> >
> > Still I wonder what part of the email food chain determines that spf
> > wasn't needed. I commented out the local reference in
> > pythod-policyd-spf, but that didn't change anything.
> >
> > Lots of spam gets marked as fail in opendmarc. I can't wait to start
> > "trusting" it.
>
> It shouldn't be a problem to continue using python-policyd-spf. You
> would expect it to give a fail when testing mail from authenticated
> clients. Opendkim needs to run in such cases not to test them but to
> add the dkim header.
>
> I use opendmarc (obvs) but I have to say I don't see it blocking many
> emails. Looking at my records over a few months: 38000 mails came
> through of which 50 were rejected by opendmarc and 30 quarantined. Of
> those 80, 34 appear to have come via mailing lists (including
> postfix.org) so may just reflect senders using the mailing list but
> with incompatible dmarc settings on their domain. The reality is that
> comparatively few domains are set up with dmarc and with p=reject (or
> p=quarantine). If you see a large number of opendmarc fails (in
> opendmarc log: action!=2) then I fear there is something wrong with
> your setup.
>
> Here is my entire opendmarc.conf:
>
> PidFile /var/run/opendmarc/opendmarc.pid
> RejectFailures true
> Syslog true
> UMask 0002
> UserID opendmarc:opendmarc
> PublicSuffixList /usr/share/publicsuffix/public_suffix_list.dat
> IgnoreAuthenticatedClients true
> AuthservID  myauthserv.tld
> AuthservIDWithJobID yes
> [...]

I'm at a loss on the HELO_reject = False. Why wouldn't you use the
default "fail".

Reading some chatter on the opendmarc forum, they suggested
HEADER_Type = AR as you have done, but I don't understand the
Authserv_Id field.

I don't think opendmarc has an issue reading the spf format.

I did re-read the policyd-spf.conf and decided to do whitelisting here
rather than in opendmarc. I get email from pobox.com, which always
fails.