Hello,

I like to ask about a documented limitation
(http://www.postfix.org/CONNECTION_CACHE_README.html#limitations)

"For this reason, the Postfix smtp(8) client always closes the connection after
completing an attempt to deliver mail over TLS."

I'm concerned becaus I see increasing traffic delivered via TLS.
It is true that now /every single message/ require TCP connect, TLS Handshake,
message transmission and TCP close?
So SMTP Session caching don't happen anymore?

Given a sending server handle 3000 messages per hour to a specific destination
that use DANE.
Virtually every 1-2 seconds the server open and close a connection. Why
shouldn't it be possible
to recycle an established connection for multiple message?

I only like to /understand/ the above "this reason" ...

Andreas