Late last year I tried the Postscreen "deep protocol tests" as a
primitive form of greylisting; It was a high-maintenance exercise for
minimal benefit and I have since stopped using it.

Google and the like, use a different mail server for each connect
attempt.  You need an actively maintained whitelist to bypass the
grey-list process.

Also, (in my case) I was plagued by Ukrainian spamming mail servers;
they just retried and got through.

The experiment DID stop a few zombies, but not many.

Allen C