On Fri, Apr 20, 2018 at 03:53:17PM -0400, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:
> On 4/20/2018 3:40 PM, @lbutlr wrote:
> > How would I configure a user so that they could only read mail
> > and not send any mail (even to local users).
> >
> Different auth for POP or IMAP vs SMTP?

Or in the SASL backend, have this user's credentials not be valid for
SMTP, or in Postfix a check_sasl_access lookup to reject this user's
mail.  Lots of ways.  These will also necessitate that you require
your users to AUTH; no permit_mynetworks nor similar IP-based relay
allowances.

If perchance this is a shell user, don't forget to exclude him/her
from your authorized_submit_users, to prevent sendmail submission.
--
  http://rob0.nodns4.us/