Dear Users,

I'm building a simple pair of front MX-servers to get rid of our cisco
ironports. For spam and virus-scanning i'd like to have spamassassin and
clamav doing pre-filtering during smtp-dialog rejecting bad mails and
forwarding good mails to internal mail-farm.

Is it best practice to use amavis in between postfix and clamd/spamasassin?
i would like to keep the setup as simple as possible and not having another
component in place (amavis) when this can be avoided. I see the internet is
full of setups with amavis but i dont see the reason for having another
software running.

What is your opinion?

thank you.

Stefan