On 1 Nov 2018, at 11:08, Jeffery Hammond wrote:

Let me share a few more lines, postfix starts but as you said sendmail runs even though I have stopped the process

Programs that send mail typically use the sendmail binary at (or symlinked from) /usr/sbin/sendmail. You need to replace that binary from Sendmail with the sendmail binary from Postfix. *USUALLY* a proper installation of Postfix will do that for you. Try running "alternatives --config mta" to see if the alternatives subsystem is aware of the existence of both sendmail binaries and if so, you can use the 'alternatives' utility to fix the linkage.