Bill Cole:
> On 31 Oct 2018, at 17:12, Noel Jones wrote:
>
> > Postscreen *should not* be used on ports used for client
> > authenticated SMTP.
>
> Generally, this has been true...
>
> However, I have recently seen spambots using compromised accounts on
> port 587 without properly waiting for the greeting banner. This was on a
> Sendmail installation, which already (inadvertently) had a GreetPause
> applied to port 587.
>
> I intend to experiment with postscreen on 587 on the next Postfix system
> I work with where compromised accounts are a problem. I hope that by
> then someone else will have pioneered that tactic and worked through all
> the pitfalls here.

You would not be able to use many DNSBLs such as zen.spamhaus.org,
nor any of the 'after 220' protocol tests.

It wouod take a ton of master.cf configuration.

master.cf:
  submission inet ....  postscreen
        -o smtpd_service=submission-smtpd
        -o postscreen_cache_map=$submission_cache_map
        -o postscreen_dnsbl_sites=$submission_dnsbl_sites
        -o postscreen_xxx=$submission_xxx
  submission-smtpd pass ... smtpd
        -o smtpd_xxxx=$submission_xxxx

With suitable submission_mumble parameter settings in master.cf.