Stephan Bosch:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a reason why Postfix omits quoting the localpart (when that
> would normally be necessary according to RFC 5321) of sender and
> recipient addresses passed to a policy delegation service (in this case
> Dovecot quota-status)?

What you see is the unquoted form which is what Postfix uses
everywhere internally. Using the RFC 532X syntax would make it
way too easy to circumvent address-based features.

In the previous year time I have converted most table lookups to
use canonical quoted form first, then try the unquoted form if it
is different, for backwards compatibility safety.

In the policy protocol there is no way to use multiple forms,
so changing from unquoted to quopted forms would have to be a
compatibility-breaking change.

        Wietse