> On Nov 11, 2018, at 5:23 AM, Henrik K <h...@hege.li> wrote:
>
> As I understand, the correct positioning of milter inserted internal headers
> would be above postfix's own.  But it seems all Authentication-Results are
> added below it, so SpamAssassin won't consider them as internal.

While RFC7001 defines "Authentication-Results" as a trace header, and says
that it should be placed above other locally added trace headers:

applications that consume the header should be tolerant of placement elsewhere:

   Note that there are a few message handlers that are only capable of
   appending new header fields to a message.  Strictly speaking, these
   handlers are not compliant with this specification.  They can still
   add the header field to carry authentication details, but any signal
   about where in the handling chain the work was done may be lost.
   Consumers SHOULD be designed such that this can be tolerated,
   especially from a producer known to have this limitation.

Therefore, your edge systems should remove any "Authentication-Results" headers
that claim the same "authserv-id", before prepending their own:

   Since agents consuming this field will use this identifier to
   determine whether its contents are of interest (and are safe to use),
   the uniqueness of the identifier MUST be guaranteed by the ADMD that
   generates it and MUST pertain to that ADMD.  MUAs or downstream
   filters SHOULD use this identifier to determine whether or not the
   data contained in an Authentication-Results header field ought to be
   used or ignored.

With that, the position of the header should be less critical.

--
        Viktor.